Cornell Publications LLC

World's Largest Old Gun Catalog & Manual Reprinter

Email us!

We do NOT sell GUNS.

We do NOT sell PARTS.

We do NOT offer GUN VALUES.

We do not represent any gun
makers or sellers.

help button image

The Home Counties Brigade c1963 - Its Members and Their Integration

Gregory Blaxland

Item #4852: $15.95
How Many Would You Like?

The Home Counties Brigade c1963 - Its Members and Their Integration

55 pages, about 11" x 8", glossy soft-cover in full color. New re-print restored and digitally enhanced from a nice original. Printed on high quality 20# 97 bright acid free paper. Fully Illustrated.

Contents - Index:

  • Pages: 55

The Home Counties Brigade was an administrative formation of the British Army from 1948 to 1968. The Brigade administered the regular infantry battalions of the Home Counties of south east England.

After the Second World War the British Army had fourteen infantry depots, each bearing a letter. The depots were territorially organised, and Infantry Depot C at Howe Barracks in Canterbury was the headquarters for the seven county regiments of the City and County of London, Kent, Middlesex, Surrey and Sussex.

In 1948, the depots adopted names and this depot became the Home Counties Brigade, with all regiments being reduced to a single battalion at the same time. The Home Counties Brigade was formally formed on July 14, 1948, combining the depots of the following regiments:

The Queen's Royal Regiment (West Surrey)

The Buffs (Royal East Kent Regiment)

The Royal Fusiliers (City of London Regiment)

The East Surrey Regiment

The Royal Sussex Regiment

The Queen's Own Royal West Kent Regiment

The Middlesex Regiment (Duke of Cambridge's Own)