Arms Collectors of the United States 1939
The Original National Directory of the Arms Hobby. During World War II Captain Virgil Ney was a member of General Douglas MacArthur's staff. After the war he established a school of military history in Korea. He was also involved in various government projects. His writings include Notes on Guerrilla Warfare and Fort on the Prairies.
98 pages, 8 1/2" x 6 " glossy soft-cover in full color. New re-print restored and digitally enhanced from a nice original. Printed on high quality 20# 97 bright acid free paper. Illustrated.
Contents - Index:
- Pages: 98
- By Captain Virgil Ney
- "Dedicated to the arms collectors of America who are performing a Patriotic Service by preserving for Posterity, the weapons with which our Ancestors secured and Maintained for us our Independence and Liberty."
- Poem "To an Old Flintlock Musket" by Capt. Ney
- Directory of Arms Collectors By State
- The Hawken-Gemmer Story by J. P. H. Gemmer
- Antique Gun Hunting - A Hobby by Virgil Ney
- British tower Pistol
- Pistol US by Simeon North
- Whitneyville Walker
- Colt Army
- 1795 Springfield
- French Charleville
- Kentucky Rifle by Moll and by Bird
- Colt Paterson
- 1822 Harpers Ferry
- 1776 Jager Rifle
- About the NRA
- The American Military Institute