Amateur Trapper, Trap Making & Taxidermy Guide - 1875
134 pages, about 8" x 5 1/2", glossy soft-cover in full color. New re-print restored and digitally enhanced from a nice original. Printed on high quality 20# 97 bright acid free paper. Fully Illustrated.
"Plain Directions for Constructing the most approved Traps, Snares, Nets and Dead falls: Methods of Applying them to their various purposes; and the most successful Baits for attracting all kinds of Animals and Birds with their special use in each case; also with practical receipts for preparing skins and furs for market and for tanning them for future use; with concise but comprehensive instructions for preserving and stuffing specimens of Birds and Animals in the most natural and durable manner."
Contents - Index:
- Pages: 134
- Traps: Deadfall, Figure Four, Harrow, Box, Pit, Coop, Rabbit, Brick
- Traps: Garrote, Double Box Coop
- Snares: Ground, Net Trap, Bat fowling
- Steel Traps: Cautionary notes, Hints, Devices Guardian of the Hen House
- Baits and their uses: Attracting prey, Fish Oils, Castereum and others
- Trapping for Muskrat, Beaver, Otter, Mink, Marten, Fisher, Badger, Skunk
- Trapping for Woodchuck, Squirrel, Gopher, Raccoon, Opossum, Fox Wolf
- Trapping for Bear
- How to cure skins
- How to tan skins, Muskrat, Rabbit and all kinds
- Amateur Taxidermy, Birds, Stuffing, Animals, Arsenical Soap, Camphor