Forehand Arms Company, An Illustrated History of the
194 pages, about 8 1/2" x 11" glossy soft-cover in full color. Reprinted with permission from Joe's estate. Printed on high quality 20# 97 bright acid free paper. Fully Illustrated with photocopied images.
Has serial numbers, models, patents and advertisements. A really useful book for the collector. Forehand Arms, Forehand and Wadsworth. (Some of the rarest guns are depicted with low quality images).
Contents - Index:
- Pages: 194
- A Short Illustrated History of The Forehand Arms Company (Forehand Arms, Forehand and Wadsworth )
- By Joseph T. Vorisek
- Allen & Wheelock et al
- 1836 Ethan Allen
- 1837 Allen & Thurber
- Then Allen and Wheelock and then E. Allen Co.
- Serial # of Allen and Wheelock
- Illustrated Single Shot Pistols/Percussion With Dates of Mfg.
- Illustrated Lip Fire Revolvers with Dates of Mfg.
- Illustrated Single shot Pistols/Cartridge
- Illustrated Rifles and Shotguns
- Observed Specimens of Allen Wheelock and Allen & Thurber Guns
- E. Allen and Co.
- Ethan Allen had his two son in laws Sullivan Forehand and Henry Wadsworth join his partnership.
- Lipfire Revolvers illustrated
- Rifles, shotguns, pistols, Derringers, spur Trigger Illustrated
- The Forehand & Wadsworth Company 1871
- Wadsworth Died in 1890 and it Became Forehand Arms
- Employees moved between H & R plant and the Forehand plant and many models look alike!
- Spur Trigger Revolvers, Side Hammer Revolvers
- Bulldog, Swamp Angel, Terror, New Empire, Alert, Russian Model Illustrated
- List of trade Names
- Solid Frame Double Action Revolvers
- American and British Bulldog
- Army Models by Forehand and Wadsworth
- Serial #s of Models
- Top Break Revolvers, Perfection, Bicycle
- Serial numbers
- Rifles and Shotguns ( dangerous today!)
- "Devil Anse's Boy"
- The Hatfield gun of McCoy and Hatfields
- Ammunition Manufacturing
- Cartridge Making Machinery
- Whaling and Harpoon Bomb lance Gun
- Molds for Hollow Projectiles
- Patent Illustrations
- Advertising of Forehand guns