Daisy 1955 Gun Book #3 Handbook and color Catalog
147 pages, about 6 1/2" x 5 1/2", glossy soft-cover in full color. New re-print with additional 16 page Color Catalog, restored and digitally enhanced from a nice original. Printed on high quality 20# 97 bright acid free paper. Fully Illustrated.
If you are a baby boomer, this is what you were reading in 1955! Absolutely... Ramar of the Jungle, Annie Oakley, Davey Crockett. You bet! We remembered it just as soon as we picked it up and you will too. However, if you never read it and the Boy Scouts or you uncle never taught you about "Shotgun Pants" or how to cook an egg on a hot stone, you'll learn it here. This is one of our favorite publications with a lot of serious competition for top spots with the over 1000 publications we reprint!
Daisy says: "Young and old alike will enjoy reading this fascinating compilation of historical guns, western lore, comic strips and other subjects (including Daisy's latest Air Rifle Catalog.)
Background drawings illustration the historic rifles, pistols and revolvers were made especially for this Gunbook by famous cowboy-artist Fred Harman in his Colorado Ranch Studio. The selection and written description of each gun was done by Mr. C. Meade Patterson, Gun Collector's section of the National Rifle Association, Washington , D.C. Daisy thanks both gentlemen for their invaluable help.."
The 1955 Color Advertising Catalog is also available by itself.
Note to Youngsters: This is a catalog reprint not a crate of guns!!
PLEASE NOTE: These Daisy catalogs are color laser REPRINTED from original scans with the permission of the Daisy company. These are NOT ACTUAL GUNS for sale. They are pretty good copies and each is bound or folded and stapled at the spine. They are NOT, however, perfect forgeries of the originals and are sold for the information they contain.
Contents - Index:
- Pages: 147
- Daisy 1955 "Gun Book" and color Catalog
- Plymouth, Michigan
- "130 page black and white Daisy Gun catalog with comic strips and articles. Separate 16 page full color catalog of Daisy Guns."
- Artist: Fred "Red Ryder" Harman
- Davy Crockett Smoke Rifle Outfit, Canteen, Powder Horn
- Daisy 1000 Red Ryder Cowboy Carbine
- NEW Daisy Long Rifle
- NEW Daisy Scout
- NEW Daisy Cub
- Ammo for the Daisys
- The Take-down Daisy Pump Gun the King of BB guns
- NEW Cork Bullet Carbine
- Daisy Annie Oakley Golden Smoke Rifle
- NEW Super Smoker - the world's loudest play rifle!
- Davy Crockett Gun, Ramar of the Jungle guns
- Daisy Double Gun Shooting Gallery
- Daisy Holster Sets
- Annie Oakley, Ramar of the Jungle, Red Ryder
- Daisy Pennsylvania Kentucky Rifle
- Great Plains /Rocky Mountain Rifle
- U S Model 1795 Flintlock Musket
- U S Model 1903 Harpers Ferry Flintlock
- Hall Breech Loading Flintlock
- U S Model 1841 Percussion Rifle
- Civil War Springfield Percussion
- The Henry Rifle
- Sharps Rifle
- Winchester Model 1873 Rifle
- U S Springfield Model 1873 .45-70 Rifle
- U S Springfield Model 1903
- U S M1 Garand .30 Caliber
- U S Model 1806 Harpers Ferry Pistol
- U S Model 1808 North Flintlock
- U S Model 1842 Percussion Pistol
- Colt Texas Model Percussion Revolver
- Colt Walker Revolver
- Colt Model 1860 Army Revolver
- Deringer Percussion Pocket Pistol
- Colt Peacemaker or Frontier Revolver
- Smith & Wesson Military and Police .38 Special
- U S Model 1911 Colt Automatic
- Comic Strip " How to be a cowboy"
- Shoeing a Horse
- Branding Chute
- Calf Branding
- How to Saddle and Mount
- Cowboy Lingo Dictionary
- How to Draw a gun fast
- Gun Fanning
- How to Read Brands
- Indian Facts
- Cowboy Clothes
- Red Ryder Shows you how to Shoot
- Make a quick Camp and tin can Utensils
- Cooking without Kettles
- How to take care of yourself in the Woods
- How not to get lost
- Comic Strip Two Gun Percy "Wild an Woolly RAZZ-MATAZZ"
- Comic Strip Vanished Genius Rudolph Diesel
- Magic Tricks
- 28 Knots to know
- How to make a Willow Whistle, A drawing table, Devil Diver
- Comic Strip " The Boy Commandos in the Sunken World"
- Perch Fishing
- Tip Top Ticklers
- NRA Qualifications
- Marksmanship Manual for the Air Rifle Sportsman