Cornell Publications LLC

World's Largest Old Gun Catalog & Manual Reprinter

Email us!

We do NOT sell GUNS.

We do NOT sell PARTS.

We do NOT offer GUN VALUES.

We do not represent any gun
makers or sellers.

help button image

SCHOVERLING, DALY & GALES CATALOGS
IN CURRENT PUBLICATION

Read Double Gun Classics - The Magazine of Fine Guns

Began operations in 1865 as Schoverling & Daly in New York City. In 1873 they bought John P. Moore's & Sons and in 1876 bought the rights to SDG c1903Ballard Rifles. That same year they bought a part interest in Marlin Firearms. In 1878 the name was changed to Schoverling, Day & Gales. From 1884-86 they operated a branch of John P. Moore's in Toronto, Canada. In 1899 they became associated with Incorp. In 1926 Knickerbocker, Daly & Gales was formed and in 1930 the name became Charles Daly, Inc.

Schoverling, Daly, & Gales gun shop at 302 Broadway NYC circa 1903. Moore's sold out to SD&G in late 1887 and they were located at the same place. The 12 story Building was Beautiful and known as the Vincent building, on the corner of Broadway and Duane street, and owned by the Astor family, and later owned by Fordham university in the 1940's. It was demolished in 1961.

Ball & Williams: 1861 Began operations in Worcester, MA; 1866 Bought by Merwin & Bray and name changed to Merrimack Arms Co.; `866 moved to Newburyport, MA; 1869 Bought by J.H. Brown of NYC who changed the name to Brown Manufacturing Co.; 1873 Bankrupt, machinery sold to Marlin Firearms Co.; Ballard rifle rights sold to Schoverling, Daly & Gales.